Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Special Message from Principal Palmer

A Message from Daryle Palmer: It is with a wave of emotion that I announce my retirement from McGaugh on June 30, 2011. I can not explain all the conflicting emotions I am currently experiencing; excitement, fear, sadness, mourning, challenge, and anxiety, just to name a few. For the past nine years I have had the very special privilege of being part of your lives and sharing in your most important role of parenting and raising your children. I have had the joy of sharing hugs, helping to dry tears, and making bad feelings go away. I have felt like superwoman when a bandage and an ice pack have made the pain go away, or when holding my hand as we walk to class seems to make everything okay in the world. I have watched your little kindergartners blossom into young people ready to spread their wings and take off to middle school. All of these experiences have enriched my life.
            I do look forward to a more flexible morning schedule; you all know I hate alarm clocks. I am an excited about my new challenge as I return to support the Hemophilia Community, which many of you know affects my family. I will be working to bring a Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation to Orange County and providing resources to families.
            My retirement date is not until June 30th and I can assure you that McGaugh will continue to be my number one priority until that day. The district is committed to making this a very positive and smooth transition for everyone. I am committed to that same goal. I will keep you informed as the process moves forward and have no doubts that someone amazing will take my place and bring their own special gifts to this campus. The process for finding a new McGaugh principal will be timely and will include all stakeholders, staff, parents, and community members.
            I want to express how very grateful I am to end my career in education at McGaugh. This is an incredible community that truly embodies the saying "It takes a village to raise a child". This community has come together to support each other and the school in remarkable ways. You have shared your talents, sacrificed countless hours, and provided generous financial support to make McGaugh such a remarkable school. I hope that I have added to the specialness of McGaugh during my years here. Please know that while I can leave McGaugh, it is simply impossible to take all that is McGaugh out of me. To say thank you seems incredibly insufficient for all the joys you and your children have added to my life.
            Sincerely and with love,  Daryle Palmer